TAKE STEPS NOW TO PROTECT YOUR WATER TREATMENT EQUIPMENT AND PLUMBING
1. Put insulation on any exposed pipes and appliances. They sell foam pipe insulation at hardware stores that is easy to use. You can also use other types of insulation or cloth to wrap around pipes and such. Rags or towels covered with plastic and held in place with tape can work.
2. Use some heat producing device to keep the pipes or appliance warm. They sell heating wire that can be wrapped around pipes at the hardware store. You can also use an oil radiator type heater under heavy plastic that covers the entire appliance and on a low setting it will usually hold enough heat under the plastic to help. They also make heat lamps you can put in place of the light bulb in the well house during the bitter cold. Just make sure that any heat producing appliance does not come in contact with any flammable material.
3. If you can, turn off the water to your outside faucets and drain them. If you can’t do that cover the outside faucets with some type of insulation.
4. You can open the cabinet doors under sinks and let the heat from inside the house permeate the cabinet and warm the pipes.
5. Most importantly, during the period of bitter cold, let the water drip at the sinks in your house to keep the water in the pipes moving. Even slight movement in water makes it much harder to freeze solid. We hope this reminder helps. If you have any questions we are here to help.
Enter your text here…